Monday, November 13, 2006

life on the farm

I am just taking a break from my Spanish lessons and have a few mins before I go back…yes that’s right, I decided to take 20 hours of lessons here in quito to improve my language skills… so far it is pretty fun! i found out that by accident I was saying something about punching a robber in the buttox… which we all decided over here really might be one of the only things that would throw these fellows off!

We are supposed to go back to tomorrow (Candice and i), and there may even be someone else coming with us…yes, I guess the glamour of the pig trying to eat my leg then beating up on the dog…then getting chassed by stampeding cows and being afraid of roosters attacking me really peaked someone’s interest. Not that anyone should get the wrong idea at all! It was actually lovely there…soooo nice to wake up in a cabin with no electricity on a mountain and only see mountain ranges covered in tropical trees peaking through clouds…yeah, I guess the e-coli poisoning and the attacks by the animals were kinda worth it!

I am running out of time before I have to go back to the lesson…but a few quick stories from the lodge! So the pig (Chancho) lives under the kitchen…there are spaces big enough between the floor boards to push food down to feed him…anyone wonder how I got ecoli? Anyways, so that was one thing…oh this isn’t funny, but after working in the morning I would go to the town of Las Tolas which is a 1hr walk on the prettiest gravel road once again through the clouds…anyone want to know what it’s like to walk through a cloud? Simple: wet. No, scratch that. Very wet. So I’d get there and then make jewelry for the afternoon and the ladies of the town would ask me to solve their marital problems since I took psychology…I am still trying to figure out what kind of job to tell ppl I do so that they don’t ask me things like that…any suggestions?

Anyways – I have to run back to the lessons!!

I tried to email a few ppl today and call some others…but this computer messed up…im just hoping that this will work!!

Adrienne J

4 Comments:

At Wed Nov 22, 09:55:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Adrienne,

So glad to see that you are travelling the world!! Sorry to hear that you are having some misadventures, but it sounds like you are able to laugh about them so that's great. Can't wait to see pictures of those clouds, and to read more. I will write soon and fill you in on my Ottawa experiences-- I'm staying until April now! yayy. K talk to you soon, and keep enjoying your trip!!

Laura L

 
At Fri Nov 24, 07:03:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adrienne J? Just a few weeks out of the country and you're married off already?

 
At Sun Nov 26, 07:37:00 a.m., Blogger Adrienne said...

*ops!* yeah, i guess that's what happens with these crazy keyboards... look what i can do: ¿are you jealous?

addy M (forever and always...)

 
At Sat Dec 02, 06:03:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

steff says: hi,me and mom just want to say we love hearing about your adventures !!!!!i wish i was there with u!!!plz keep us informed as to your travels !!!!talk to u soon
luv ,hugs and kisses ,steff and margo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home