Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Goodbye Home, Sweet Home



The biggest thing going on in my life right now is moving out of our family home. I love the place and I was just sent some of the pics that the realtor took. Sadly, most of my University friends never got to see our home, but these pictures only begin to show what I am so sad to leave behind…the house that my mom and I worked so hard on (mostly my mom).



But of course the saddest part is that in less than one month’s time, we will loose any sense of togetherness that comes from having a family home. My dad, my brother and I are all moving in our own separate ways. (of course my brother and I will be in contact!!)


Right now I am still packing my stuff up and have most of my room in boxes already. We are probably moving most of our long-term stuff into my grandpa’s place mid-August. Come September I will leave my uni. town and move in with family friends in B-town.

There is a lot of change going on right now, and some days I deal with it better than others. But all in all I know that this stuff has to happen. I am just sad that I will no longer have a lovely place that reminds me of my mom to call home.

3 Comments:

At Tue Aug 01, 02:47:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Adrienne.
Firstly, my native language is spanish, and my english is poor. So please don't you take care about my mistakes ok?.

I live and study in Concepción, Chile. I study English and German as foreign languages. And I'm 20 years old. :)

I have just found your blog by chance. Here it's half past two (am). I's very very cold now (good that spring is comming) and i've just finished studying. Because tomorrow I have to take a German test. Trust me, german is not very easy. Whatever.

Nice blog I must to say, I like it. Nice pictures too. What did you study at the University? (maybe I can guess it)

Nice house you have too. A shame you are going to leave it. But life is like that. It's a horrible part of the life. Leaving places you love that never will be the same when you came back.

Ok, maybe I'm being so imprudent talking about all this things.
Bye then, visit my blog whenever you want. There are some little things written in english. I read and write things in english to practice.

Regards and kisses from Chile.

 
At Tue Aug 01, 11:59:00 a.m., Blogger Kris said...

adrienne, I remember so many times visiting your beautiful home. I remember you threw me a good bye party there and made me dress up likw an 80's cheer leader (thanks for NOT posting the pictures...)
Change can bring fear, but you're coming upon some wonderful new adventures. I'm excited to read your entries from around the world. You're brave!

 
At Sun Aug 06, 03:10:00 p.m., Blogger ThatDeadChick said...

Aw, i'm sad for you. That house is so beautiful, and i agree with luciano, i hate how things change and will never be the same, but the future's out there and good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home