Saturday, December 19, 2009

Goodbye to Oz :(

I lived in Oz for about 1.5 years and it was a really great period of my life! Funny enough, I barely took out my camera. But maybe in some ways that's better because at the time I was more interested in living the moment, rather than recording it.

It seems that the only pictures I have are at the end of my stay when we all hit the town for An Evening of Elegant Mischief and my last night were some of us got together at Claire's house.

There are more of these pictures up on facebook, but here are a few to get a flavor of the evening!

Dinner time!!

Everyone looking pretty!

Ahh, the gorgeous ladies from Consulting!!

Clearly things are starting to get messy by our third location...

Above is Adam doing something with his hands... Could that possibly be the symbol for 'I got kicked out?' This was our 4th of 5 locations for the epic night. What time was it, about 5-something in the morning? Adam, Lisa, Sophie and I kept going until 7-8am... it was just 'one of those nights' i guess!

Of course, the 'big night out' happened 3 weeks before I left... which was great because it freed up my last night for a gentle get-together with friends!


A lovely evening where a bunch of us got together to say goodbye...


Clare, Ali and I on my last night in Oz... miss you girls!!

It is with a grab bag of joy and sadness that I recall these times that came to an end in early May 2009. So why did I leave? Simple: I knew in my heart that it was time to pack up my bags and once again bound forward into the unknown peaks and valleys that life has on offer. It's been a sometimes rough road forward, and sometimes I question whether it's in fact backward, but overall I have learned a lot about myself and the world around me in the process. I would not trade these gifts for anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home