Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Stradbroke Island




So it's been another long while since I posted anything... and I've done quite a bit in that time! These are pictures from Straddie Island, which is an amazing little oasis just off the coast of Brisbane.

I had no idea what to expect before I went there, because I caught a ride with someone VERY last minute. (he was running late and litterally gave me 2 mins to pack - and if you know me you know that it was impressive that I reassembled my exploded bag in that time!) But sometimes it's best not to know anything about where you are going because then you can be pleasantly surprised!

I REALLY love this island and find it hard to believe that it is so close to a major city because it hasn't lost it's small island feel. Ironically, it was less touristy than Fraser Island! The beaches had good sand and weren't crowded!

I should also note that I haven't been in the picture taking mood while in Australia, but despite that and the fact that my camera was acting up, this island was inspiring enough to take a few shots! (please ignore the slanted horizons... that's from laziness on my part!)

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Mon Mar 31, 06:06:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home