Saturday, December 19, 2009

Samoa - New Years 2009!

(Seeing that it's December 2009 already, I am clearly behind in posting on this blog! So I'm going to do a quick recap of the last year)

After spending Christmas 2008 at home in Canada, I found a sweet deal that would let me stop over in Samoa and NZ on the way back to work in Oz. Of course, Samoa is not a typical place for single travelers to go as pretty much every tourist there is on a honeymoon or romantic getaway. But on the flip side, when the locals learn that you're on your own, they are so amazingly warm and loving and invite you into their homes. It was one of the most hospitable places I have ever been to!

Here the sun is rising over the pacific, the view from my beach fale on January 1, 2009.


This is the local bus... notorious for its limited personal space. What, with people piled two or three high on each others' laps, and an assortment of animals (like chickens) there isn't much choice but to become very friendly with your neighbors!

This is a typical store that would be by the side of the road. To the right you can see the family's house.

Stunning... I know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home