Friday, April 06, 2007

Dolphin Swimming

yes yes, i did the obvious plunge into the water and swam with the dolphins. after the confusion died down over which city we had reservations for died down, we ended up just east of christchurch on a little farm 6km outside of akaroa. the place was stunning! we really didn't want to leave!

but what was really cool about it was that the owners took 2 of us out on their little boat to check out the dolphins. this was great because 1) we could lean our heads over the tip of the boat and the dolphins loved it! they kept racing along with us and checking us out! so we got SUPER close when we were racing along. 2) (this one is really only good for me, not my friend!) micheal felt sick after 30 mins and so when i went in the second time, it was just the dolphins and i.

This is me reenacting the swim...


it's too bad that this blog doesn't show video because i was able to film them underwater with my camera! but here are some shots anyways (can't capture what it was really like though)...wait, i can't seem to find the pictures. i think i might have sent them home by accident. ops! but here are some anyways.

here's one dolphin as it raced our boat!

here's a view from the boat:


so after two days on the farm, we regrettably packed up our stuff and i got dropped off in christchurch. the next day i flew to melbourne, australia and so the new zealand chapter of my trip ended. :(

but i spent a week in melbourne and the great ocean road... i have to update that part soon! some great pics. but it was a LOT of fun meeting up with my friend calum for a few days. tomorrow morning i head out to ayers rock and hope to stay in the outback for a bit. it will be lots of fun!

lots of love!!

addy :)

4 Comments:

At Sun Apr 15, 12:45:00 p.m., Blogger Kris said...

my darling adrienne! I almost asked how you were, but I can tell from your pictures you are doing great! Of course I am jealous, but I am so happy that you can have such wonderful experiences.
Keep the pictures coming, I love the kayak ones, they're gorgeous.
email me when you get a sec, I have some questions about living in London! :) !!
xoxo

 
At Sun Apr 15, 07:05:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Addy Addy! I'm glad to see you're still having an amazing time!!! I'm so jealous too but that's okay I still love you!
You gotta give more information about where these places are! Me and Alan are like, New Zeland, Figi, Austrailia?!!?!? You're just all over the place! (I realize I spelt like every one of those wrong)
Anyways tell me when you're coming home again so I can stop being lonely! Me and Alan are getting a place in Sept so that should make things a little more fun! K have fun!!!

 
At Mon Apr 16, 01:27:00 a.m., Blogger Adrienne said...

HEY ladies!! aawww... thanks, i have a million other pics to post but no net to post them!

just sent that email kristy!

kandis - those pics are still from new zealand... the south island. i am right now hitching in the outback of australia.. it's great here!

lots of love,

addy :)

 
At Mon Apr 16, 01:27:00 a.m., Blogger Adrienne said...

HEY ladies!! aawww... thanks, i have a million other pics to post but no net to post them!

just sent that email kristy!

kandis - those pics are still from new zealand... the south island. i am right now hitching in the outback of australia.. it's great here!

lots of love,

addy :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home